Mercer's Investment Beliefs
Our investment beliefs are a globally consistent set of principles that guide our investment decision making.
- Risk management – We believe in the merits of genuine diversification and that asset allocation is the most important decision an investor can make.
- Active management – Active management is a skill and our manager research process can improve the likelihood of identifying skilful managers. We also offer a number of lower cost, passively managed funds.
- Dynamic asset allocation – Implementing medium-term asset allocation changes in response to changing market conditions can add value and/or mitigate risk in a portfolio.
- Operational efficiency – Investment returns can be enhanced by having a monitoring and governance framework that focuses on evaluating and quantifying investment efficiency.
- Sustainability – Taking a sustainable investment view is more likely to create and preserve long-term investment capital.
See the Sustainable Investment page for more details on our sustainable investment approach.
Learn more about our investment beliefs.